Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: film cleaning

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2000
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How do you do it? step by step. I know that first I need this cleaner chemical, no problem. But the actual cleaning... how.
    Do I need a cleaner machine or what???

    Thankz

    M

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Rubber gloves and isopropilic alcohol to clean.
    Ruber gloves and furniture cleaner with silicone to lubricate.

    I did all this without clots, to prevent residues.

    Just using my own hands wink

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i use my cotton editing glove, soak it and run the film between my fingers. it works. the film becomes clean without getting scratched.

    /matt

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Carlos8

    Really, isopho. alchohal and furniture cleaner?? Whoa!
    Do you mix the two together?

    When I clean film, I fold a cotton editing glove in thirds, and wrap a small portion around the film...then run it through.
    I usually wear laytex gloves during the cleaning...the film cleaner really dries your hands....need those soft hands!! Woot!

    Sc;Ott
    "ahoy!"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2000
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you all. I start cleaning my films now...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    First I use Isopropilic alcohol, and run the film between my soaked fingers (with latex gloves).
    Then I soak my fingers (with latex gloves) with furniture cleaner and again run the film between my fingers.

    I found a formula in Internet to clean vinil discs an films. I try it and works. It?s something like this:

    80% distilled water
    20 % isopropilic alcohol
    some drops of a glass cleaner
    1 or 2 drops of Photo- Flow

    This formula works if you submerge all the film (using the basket of a LOMO tank) in a tray.

    Submerge the film a few minutes and dry it in a clean place.


  7. #7
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Urbanski movie supplies site (can't recall the url right now but it's listed in the FAQ and on many S-8 links) sells that ECCO cleaner/lubricant for around $10-$15 for a huge bottle. I've used that for a couple of years and still have the same bottle. Great stuff and no mixing involved...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Mikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2000
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just one more thing... Can I clean cement spliced films?

    Thanks!

    MikkOo.

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •